Want to know what I'm all about?
My name is Amanda Hanson (she/her). I'm a Style Coach, a mom of two. I have a healthy relationship with bacon and red lipstick.
I started simplySTYLISH in 2017 and ...
1. I prioritize how we feel over how we look. Yes, even as a style coach. I don’t care what you look like. I care about how you feel & the relationship you have with yourself, your body and how your wardrobe can support you.
2. I will never shame you or pressure you to work on your wardrobe. Not everyone cares. Not everyone is ready. But I’m here for when & if you ever are.
3. I value teaching you over doing it for you. Having someone tell you what to do or not do is not empowering. Instead, I teach you knowledge & tools so that YOU feel more empowered in your choices.
4. FYI - I swear. I don’t swear AT people. I use it to emphasize my passion & communication.
5. I love to learn & grow, so if I do or say something harmful, I am always open to learning & changing. One of my core values is inclusivity & I’m always unlearning & learning to be better at this.
6. I live my life and run my business through an intersectional feminist lens. I understand that everyone has overlapping identities — including race, class, ethnicity, religion & sexual orientation — which can impact the different ways we experience oppression & discrimination. I do my best to use inclusive language and to run an ethical business that does not further oppress people.
7. I challenge systems of oppression. I challenge our conditioning that keeps us staying small. I challenge the status quo & I will rebel against rules. I also approach this when it comes to our bodies and style.
8. I’m anti-diet culture & I actively work on dismantling it. I want body autonomy, freedom & liberation for all bodies. I recognize thin privilege & I want to be an ally to fat activists. I’m tired of the patriarchy & diet industries convincing people that thin is best at all costs. It’s harmful. It’s oppressive & it kills people. Health and happiness is not determined by size.
9. I'm a mom of two and a self-identified geek that loves Star Trek, Doctor Who and to read fantasy novels. I probably average 60-80 books a year. It has been my longest passion in my 40+ years on this earth. I also love a good RED lipstick.
10. I live and carry out my work on the traditional unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik, Mi’kmaq and Peskotomuhkati peoples. It's also know as Quispamsis New Brunswick, Canada.
I hope we can get to know each other better!